Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rockin' Ohio

Ashland University Undergraduates!
Lecture Hall similar to the One Where I Gave my Presentation

Snow Snow Snow in Ohio


Ashland University!!

Dwight Schar School of Education


SNOW IN OHIO


On November 17th, this past Monday, I rocked Ohio. At least I rocked Ashland University, in Ashland, OH. I was invited by Dr. Pat Edwards, who teaches at the Dwight Schar School of Education, to give 2 presentations on Monday, November,17th. We e-mailed Pat my powerpoint called: "Heaven is Called George Mason University" because right before my visit to Ohio, I was going to be at my grandmother's 85th Brithday party, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. That was fun.

I always love Florida, but, Ohio -- despite 3 days of constant snow -- was really warm to me. We arrived on Sunday evening at Columbus, Ohio's airport, and our chauffer, Dr. Edwards herself, drove us through the mere "dusting" of tiny white flakes. It could barely be called snow.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn, and it was great. Dr. Edwards came by for us at about 1:30 p.m. and took us to the university, via Wendy's.

Yum!

My presentations went really well, and between the 3:00 one and the 7:00 one, I got to go out to dinner with Dr. Edwards and some wonderful female undergraduate students in Education.

All of it went very well. The audiences were attentive, nothing happened with the electronics, and one young fellow in the evening session started typing with support, using Facilitated Communication.

You GO! man, you GO!

Sean Sokler, G.M.U. Class of 2005



























1 comment:

Marie said...

Great presentation, Sean! I attended the 7:00. I'm glad you found Ohio favorable. :-)